Coaching, Consulting, Training
What is coaching?
- Coaching is the process of helping a client perform better professionally and personally. It is the client that does the work with the guidance of the coach.
- A typical coaching agreement may range from $1,000 to $2,000 per month (depending on the number of sessions per month), with a minimum duration of 3 months, often extending to 6 or 12 months.
- Sessions are for 1 hour and may be held in person (if located in the Tri Valley Area), by phone, or through an application like Zoom and FaceTime.
- Keep in mind, it is the client that drives the coaching process based on his/her needs and wants. The coach simply offers advisement and accountability, which is what most people need to accomplish their objectives.
What is consulting?
- Consulting is the process of helping a client obtain specific objectives as defined by the client. This is a situation in which both the consultant and client do the work.
- The investment of time and effort is considerable for both consultant and client and project fees are calculated accordingly. A typical project may range from $5,000 to $50,000 and last from several hours to 6 months.
- It is the consultant that drives the process based on the needs and wants of the client, and the issues uncovered during the assessment phase.
- Most work, if not all, is completed onsite at the client’s location, working in collaboration with client’s staff.
What is training?
- Training is the process of teaching a client how to perform an activity.
- A typical training project may range from $2,000 to $20,000 and last one session (workshop) to several sessions over a period of several weeks.
- The training objectives and sessions are mutually determined by both the client and the trainer.
- Similar to consulting projects, training is conducted onsite at the client’s location or conference venue.